Wednesday, July 01, 2009

note to self: Forget Everything You Know


>>view of Jebel Amman, from my apt window in Jordan

My latest travel adventures have begun. I am traveling with friend and fellow artist, Susu, around the Middle East—Dubai, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Ethiopia until late September. I like to believe that when I travel to new places, I have no expectations. At least I've decided not to believe the media images that we are fed in the U.S.

But what image do I have to replace that "non-image?" I'm surprised every time.

Looks like once again taxis will be starring prominently in my stories.

I'm now in Amman, Jordan and week one of Project Souarna is complete. I'll be working backwards and forward filling in the daily details to catch up on posts. So much to share already at the end of week three.

Stay tuned!
ab

(this was my first post on July 25, but I'm gonna do some time travel and post things according to the date they happened. can you follow me?)

1 comment:

Maria Mortati said...

April, can't wait to see your "non-image" results. Amongst your travels, Project Souarna & you, it will be surprising for us too.